Paulson Stained Glass ART Studio ~ 1-800-594-9228
67 Ridge Road ~ Upton, MA 01568 / USA
Email: Ken@PaulsonStainedGlass.com
Your Subtitle text

Founder


 Carl Paulson, Founder
Carl Paulson won a scholarship to the Vesper George Art School of Boston in 1932. While attending College, he apprenticed under Charles Connick at Connick Stained Glass Studio in Boston, Massachusetts. He was interviewed by the Connick Foundation as one of the last living Stained Glass Artists that worked with Mr. Connick: Click here to see article In 1939 Carl created "The Raven Shop" Stained Glass Studio at the St Benedict's Catholic Worker Farm on Ridge Rd. Upton, MA. There he married, built his house, began his family, and started to design and make his own Religious Medallions. Yankee Magazine writer Thomas Klewin wrote "Carl Paulson .. is perhaps the New England master in the creation of Stained Glass Medallions.." Carl's first major commission was to design and create the Windows for the St. Thomas Aquinas Chapel at the University of Connecticut in Storrs. As his 10 children grew, Carl trained all of his ten children in the art & craft of Stained Glass. Carl's hobbies were Organic Gardening, supporting the Catholic Worker Movement
 and Teaching Children in Holy Angel's until he was 92 yrs old. Carl passed away at the age of 99.  link to obituary 

 

Website Builder